As market leaders, we have high expectations of ourselves and strive for continuous improvement. We work with the best, to be the best, and the secret of our success is simple: we keep learning and exploring. We have our eyes set on the world and want to offer our safety software globally, to complex businesses across different industries. We are the market leading company in Control of Work software, supporting thousands of users across the globe from global A-players. In the lovely city of The Hague, The Netherlands, we represent a mix of many different cultures with over 30 nationalities in our team.
We are currently looking for BI Developers to strengthen our internal development team. Our BI team is a dedicated team that is responsible for designing and delivering BI solutions that provide deep insight into customer operational safety and -efficiency processes.
As an integral member of our product team, the Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is responsible for the entire development cycle of our mission-critical enterprise BI solution. Working with cross-functional teams, you will take responsibility not only for design and development of the platform, but quality assurance and maintenance as well.
Using your skills and experience as a BI Developer, you will then shape the underlying architecture of our data warehouse according to business needs identified by the Product Manager.
As a Business Intelligence Developer within eVision, your accountabilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Participating in the design and analysis of our solutions
- Assisting the Product Manager with translating business requirements into product specifications
- Analysing client needs in close co-operation with the Sales and Project Management departments
- Developing of ETL & structuring data marts
- Implementing and guarding technology best practices, guidelines and development processes
- Working closely with the Chief Architect to ensure seamless integration with our core products
- Streamlining Quality Assurance by automating tests
- Providing support to eVision’s Professional Services department to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for both external and internal stakeholders
- Providing technical assistance and cross training to other team members and Professional Services teams
- A BA/BS in Computer Science or related field is preferable.
- 3+ years of experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale data warehouse solutions in highly complex environment(s), including:
- Working as part of a team alongside multiple product teams
- Strong experience in building robust, scalable solutions
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modelling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- Understanding of complex data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with data and structures
- Strong experience in requirement analysis and converting them into solutions
- Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of software development life-cycle, preferably in .NET environment
- Experience with working with MS-SQL Server in a Business Intelligence context
- Experience with ETL tools, such as Pentaho Data Integration or SSIS
- Detail oriented with focus on delivering high-quality solutions
- Self-driven attitude, able to move things forward
- Experience in delivering BI solutions to customers
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to work effectively in our complex world
- Familiar with agile way of working (Scrum, CI, CD)
- Knowledge of Event Sourcing and/or CQRS is a big plus
- Proficiency with a BI reporting tool such as SSRS, PowerBI, Oracle BI, or SAP Business Objects
Why work with us?
- Because our product matters to people – it saves lives
- Because we work with the global leaders in the oil and gas industry – including Shell, BP, and Total
- Because we are serious and pragmatic about our technology and quality
- Because the brightest and most professional people, who believe that teams are the key to our continuous success, work with us
- Because we are fun, multicultural and have a dry, genuine sense of humour
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- Free access to our company gym
- Weekly chair massages
- Company lunch, free fruit and drinks
- Friday drinks with colleagues
- Our headquarters is in the heart of The Hague (5 minutes from The Hague Central Station)
- Fun and outgoing colleagues
Are you interested and do your background and experience match our profile? Then please apply a.s.a.p. by sending your CV, motivation, and contact details to email@example.com!