As market leaders, we have high expectations of ourselves and strive for continuous improvement. We work with the best, to be the best, and the secret of our success is simple: we keep learning and exploring. We have our eyes set on the world and want to offer our safety software globally, to complex businesses across different industries. We are the market leading company in Control of Work software, supporting thousands of users across the globe from global A-players. In the lovely city of The Hague, The Netherlands, we represent a mix of many different cultures with over 30 nationalities in our team.
As a Technical Support Engineer, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Solving and responding to second and third line incidents.
- Ensuring the highest service levels.
- Support of current technologies and future technologies in a growing company.
- Troubleshoot technical error codes.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support via web based tools, email and phone.
- Pick up and resolve support issues following the internal processes.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Document technical solutions.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of working practices and procedures.
- Contribute to the knowledge base.
- Communicate and maintain a good relationship with our customers.
- Proactively work towards our customer’s satisfaction.
- Manage a portfolio of customers.
- Coordinate hotfix packages deliveries with the project team and customers.
- Test fixes implemented in our products.
- Effectively translating our customers’ needs and wishes to our development teams.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Windows XP, 7, 8, 10.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
- VMWare / Hyper-V Virtualization preferable.
- SaaS solutions knowledge preferable.
- SQL Server desirable.
- Network troubleshooting knowledge desirable.
- Strong decision making and analytical skills (debugging).
- Knowledge of web servers, e.g., IIS.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and helpdesk software.
What are we looking for in you?
- Proven customer service/help desk experience related to software support.
- Strongly detail orientated and great communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English, both spoken and written.
- Must be able to demonstrably work well as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with multiple teams onsite and remotely.
- A developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and to deal with all sorts of user queries.
- Ability to deal with differing levels of IT awareness, from within own team and user base.
- Ability to follow and improve ITIL processes.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical software issues and to provide guided technical help, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate clients professionally with clients, during all interfaces and escalations.
Ability to take ownership of the resolution of issues and different clients’ requests.
Why work with us?
- Because our product matters to people – it saves lives
- Because we work with the global leaders in the oil and gas industry – including Shell, BP, and Total
- Because we are serious and pragmatic about our technology and quality
- Because the brightest and most professional people, who believe that teams are the key to our continuous success, work with us
- Because we are fun, multicultural and have a dry, genuine sense of humour
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- Free access to our company gym
- Weekly chair massages
- Company lunch, free fruit and drinks
- Friday drinks with colleagues
- Our headquarters is in the heart of The Hague (5 minutes from The Hague Central Station)
- Fun and outgoing colleagues
Are you interested and do your background and experience match our profile? Then please apply a.s.a.p. by sending your CV, motivation, and contact details to email@example.com!