What about us?
As market leaders, we have high expectations of ourselves and strive for continuous improvement. We work with the best, to be the best. The secret to our success is simple: we keep learning and exploring. We have our eyes set on the world and want to offer our safety software globally, to complex businesses across different industries. We are the market-leading company in Control of Work software, supporting thousands of users from across the globe, at top multinationals. In the lovely city of The Hague, The Netherlands, we represent a mix of many diverse cultures, with over 30 nationalities on our team.
What are your accountabilities?
The Cloud Operations Engineer at eVision will support and maintain the infrastructure that underlies our hosting and managed services offering. This ensures that the day-to-day functionality of the cloud environment is stable and provides high-availability to our customers.
Furthermore, you will:
- Ensure that all systems are available and performing according to the expected Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Build and maintain third-party cloud-based monitoring (Thousand Eyes, Sumo Logic).
- Perform system monitoring using automated systems.
- Support covering development and production issues for AWS and Azure products and services, along with other key stack components.
- Collaborate with the application development teams to ensure the robust delivery of new releases, service packs, for the customer specific instances to ensure a high level of service excellence.
What are we looking for in you?
- At least a Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or relevant equivalent
- 5+ years of operational and systems experience
- Operational focused individual focusing on hosting and managed services
- Must have AWS experience and experience with Azure is considered a plus.
- Understanding of cloud concepts such as virtualization, containerization, auto-scaling, continuous integration toolchains, building fault-tolerant solutions and fully automated systems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- Experience with Agile is a plus
- Customer Service experience is a plus
- Detail-orientated personality with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and fluently in English, both spoken and written
- Team player
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Ability to manage diverse workload
Why work with us?
- Because our product matters to people – it saves lives
- Because we work with the global leaders in the oil and gas industry – including Shell, BP, and Total
- Because we are serious and pragmatic about our technology and quality
- Because the brightest and most professional people, who believe that teams are the key to our continuous success, work with us
- Because we are fun, multicultural and have a dry, genuine sense of humour
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- Free access to our company gym
- Bi-weekly chair massages
- Company lunch, free fruit and drinks
- Friday drinks with colleagues
- Our headquarters are in the heart of The Hague (5 minutes from The Hague Central Station)
- Fun and outgoing colleagues