As market leaders, we have high expectations of ourselves and strive for continuous improvement. We work with the best, to be the best. The secret to our success is simple: we keep learning and exploring. We have our eyes set on the world and want to offer our safety software globally, to complex businesses across different industries. We are the market-leading company in Control of Work software, supporting thousands of users from across the globe, at top multinationals. In the lovely city of The Hague, The Netherlands, we represent a mix of many diverse cultures, with over 30 nationalities on our team.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you support and maintain the fully automated infrastructure that underlies our hosting and managed services offering. This ensures that the day-to-day functionality of the cloud environment is stable and provides high availability to our customers. You will work with a team of seasoned Cloud Operations Engineers and Cloud Architects to build and enhance our managed cloud services in the public cloud (Microsoft Azure). You will be part of our existing Cloud Operations team working in a fast-paced environment on designing solutions that promotes maintainability, scalability and security.
What are your accountabilities?
• Deploy, configure and maintain our products on Microsoft Azure
• Ensure that all systems are available and performing according to the expected Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Continuously improve and maintain third-party cloud-based monitoring (Thousand Eyes, Sumo Logic, VictorOps)
• Provide support for our production environments running on Azure, along with other key stack components
• Collaborate with product development teams to align on the next generation software delivery pipelines
As a successful candidate you will be a skilled individual who has proven track record of system engineering, on Microsoft Azure and takes pride in bringing solutions quickly. Enjoys learning and applying new technologies, values collaboration and thrives in a dynamic engineering/operations-oriented work environment.
You will have:
• A Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or relevant equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience in systems engineering with strong focus on automation and Microsoft Azure.
• Strong experience with Production Operations and excellent troubleshooting skills, preferably in large environments.
• Experience with interacting with various Microsoft Azure services in production environments.
• Have a good track record of using automation tools like Terraform to build infrastructure that scales.
• Understanding of concepts such as virtualization, containerization, auto-scaling, experience with GIT, CI/CD integration tool chains, building fault-tolerant solutions and fully automated systems.
• Good knowledge and are well-versed in Terraform.
• Experience with hardening of modern operating systems, web and application servers, databases and proxies
Furthermore, you have:
• Detail-orientated personality with great interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and fluently in English, both spoken and written
• Security minded and a team player
• Ability to work to agreed deadlines
• In possession of a valid European work permit