As market leaders, we have high expectations of ourselves and strive for continuous improvement. We work with the best, to be the best. The secret to our success is simple: we keep learning and exploring. We have our eyes set on the world and want to offer our safety software globally, to complex businesses across different industries. We are the market-leading company for Control of Work software, supporting tens of thousands of users across the globe at top multinationals. In the lovely city of The Hague, The Netherlands, we represent a mix of many diverse cultures, with over 30 nationalities on our team.
As Cloud Architect, you are responsible for architecting, building and improving the reliability and performance of our cloud applications in Amazon Web Services, along with helping to create the architecture for new applications and infrastructure with a focus on automation, availability and performance. You are self-driven and passionate about technology and display a high level of customer service. The work environment is fast-paced and active.
The Cloud Architect position requires at least eight years of IT architecture experience, with a proficiency in Networking, Security, Microsoft Windows, Linux and Amazon Web Services. The qualified candidate has at least two years of experience in a continuous deployment environment with the focus on automation and is able to demonstrate solid troubleshooting skills.
You work with internal teams to agree on and design an architecture that promotes maintainability, scalability and security. You are responsible for the timely delivery of the service and will lead the product teams whilst integrating our change and incident management processes.
What are your accountabilities more specifically?
• Working in coordination with our partners in Information Security to implement security best practices across our entire cloud footprint
• Lead the design and building of a fully automated self-service platform in AWS
• Researching, developing and implementing AWS infrastructure and management standards across our AWS accounts
• Work as a team member or individual on multiple projects and assignments relating to AWS services and configurations
• Participate in planning of Staging and Production site releases
• Work closely with DevOps engineers and support staff to meet team goals, improve processes, and apply best practices
• Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant
• Introduce automation best practices in order to increase productivity
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• Create automated tooling for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes
A successful candidate is a highly skilled individual who has a proven track record of architecting large, complex AWS services. In addition, you take pride in bringing high-quality solutions quickly to market, enjoy learning and applying new technologies across stacks, value collaboration and thrive in a dynamic engineering/operations-oriented work environment.
• Strong focus on organization and attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently as required
• Highly motivated & driven team player
• Clear and effective communication skills to articulate strategic recommendations to executive management, architects, and development partners, driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through
• Desire to mentor and support team members across the organization and provide ongoing knowledge transfers relating technology evolution, troubleshooting techniques, and automation
• Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical staff
• Current AWS Certified Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator
• CCNA, CCNP, CCSP or equivalent experience with large network deployments
• Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all immutable environments.
• 5+ years hands on in-depth experience using cloud based development platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
• Experience and knowledge setting up Containers in a Cloud environment, which includes being knowledgeable in Docker and other containerization tools
• Has worked as a DevOps Engineer. Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
• Experience with: Terraform (crucial), Puppet, Chef or Ansible
• Strong background in security, network protocols and OS configuration
• Implementation experience with identity management and federation in AWS across multiple AWS accounts
• A solid understanding of GIT
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
• Experience setting up and configuring AWS production environments and AWS features/tools
• Strong scripting skills, i.e., PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
• Experience in architecting and running consumer-facing applications in a hybrid and/or multi-cloud environment
• Experience troubleshooting complex production incidents in cloud-based applications and services
• Experience with performance testing and load testing
• Must feel comfortable with common development workflows using revision control such as GIT