What about us?
As market leaders, we have high expectations of ourselves and strive for continuous improvement. We work with the best, to be the best. The secret to our success is simple: we keep learning and exploring. We have our eyes set on the world and want to offer our safety software globally, to complex businesses across different industries. We are the market-leading company in Control of Work software, supporting thousands of users from across the globe, at top multinationals. In the lovely city of The Hague, The Netherlands, we represent a mix of many diverse cultures, with over 30 nationalities on our team.
What are your accountabilities?
The Cloud Operations Manager will work closely together with the technical peers (Architecture, Development leads, IT infrastructure) Delivery management and board members to transform our platforms and services to the cloud. Your role will be about initiating, coordinating and leading our cloud based hosting and managed services, managing the cloud operation and leading the cloud operations team. In your efforts you will need to utilize AWS cloud best practices and hence you will also be responsible for applying the standards and methodologies for such development in our company.
- Lead a Cloud Operations team delivering multiple enterprise Managed Services products and internal systems and ensure the service exceeds 99.9% uptime
- Develop a culture of operational excellence using industry best practices for change management, release management, incident management, and risk mitigation
- Establish organizational metrics to measure and manage performance
- Partner with platform engineering, product development and professional services to build end-to-end solutions that are resilient and scalable
- Manage to data sovereignty constraints in an international environment
- Define and report Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to monitor process health; define and report client facing service metrics
- Adherence to ISO27001 and related operational standards
What are we looking for in you?
- 5+ years of operational and systems experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience leading a 24/7 operations organization with a SaaS provider deploying and operating complex cloud infrastructure at scale
- Must have AWS experience and experience with Azure is considered a plus.
- Deep understanding of cloud concepts such as virtualization, containerization, auto-scaling, continuous integration toolchains, building fault-tolerant solutions and fully automated systems
- Experience with immutable infrastructure approaches
- Proven ability to perform in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with a strong customer orientation (internal and external)
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels within the organization
- Must be impeccably honest and ethical
- Committed to lead a 24/7 operation, requires flexibility in terms of regional and shifting working hours.
Why work with us?
- Because our product matters to people – it saves lives
- Because we work with the global leaders in the oil and gas industry – including Shell, BP, and Total
- Because we are serious and pragmatic about our technology and quality
- Because the brightest and most professional people, who believe that teams are the key to our continuous success, work with us
- Because we are fun, multicultural and have a dry, genuine sense of humour
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- Free access to our company gym
- Bi-weekly chair massages
- Company lunch, free fruit and drinks
- Friday drinks with colleagues
- Our headquarters are in the heart of The Hague (5 minutes from The Hague Central Station)
- Fun and outgoing colleagues