What about us?
As market leaders, we have high expectations of ourselves and strive for continuous improvement. We work with the best, to be the best. The secret to our success is simple: we keep learning and exploring. We have our eyes set on the world and want to offer our safety software globally, to complex businesses across different industries. We are the market-leading company in Control of Work software, supporting thousands of users from across the globe, at top multinationals. In the lovely city of The Hague, The Netherlands, we represent a mix of many diverse cultures, with over 30 nationalities on our team.
What are your accountabilities?
As a Data Scientist within eVision your accountabilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Collaborate with engineering, product development and subject matter expert teams to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data to identify valuable data sources and automate the data collection processes.
- Build predictive modeling and machine learning algorithms to improve the safety, risks and plan around company data.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
What are we looking for in you?
Your experience, skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Demonstrable programming experience in Python or another programming language such as Java / C / C++/ R.
- Experience of working in a project with the implementation of statistical and data mining techniques: GLM / Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
- Strong analytical and social skills and the capability to translate data intelligence to valuable insights for the rest of the organisation is considered an advantage.
Why work with us?
- Because our product matters to people – it saves lives
- Because we work with the global leaders in the oil and gas industry – including Shell, BP, and Total
- Because we are serious and pragmatic about our technology and quality
- Because the brightest and most professional people, who believe that teams are the key to our continuous success, work with us
- Because we are fun, multicultural and have a dry, genuine sense of humour
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- Free access to our company gym
- Bi-weekly chair massages
- Company lunch, free fruit and drinks
- Friday drinks with colleagues
- Our headquarters are in the heart of The Hague (5 minutes from The Hague Central Station)
- Fun and outgoing colleagues