What about us?
As market leaders, we have high expectations of ourselves and strive for continuous improvement. We work with the best, to be the best. The secret to our success is simple: we keep learning and exploring. We have our eyes set on the world and want to offer our safety software globally, to complex businesses across different industries. We are the market-leading company in Control of Work software, supporting thousands of users from across the globe, at top multinationals. In the lovely city of The Hague, The Netherlands, we represent a mix of many diverse cultures, with over 30 nationalities on our team.
We are currently looking for a top-class Developer to join our Professional Services department. Due to an increasing demand for our products and services, several areas require automation and new tooling to improve effectiveness and productivity. The Professional Services department is responsible for the implementation, testing and deployment of our products. The department is also responsible for managing client projects, gathering functional requirements and advising clients on their technical solutions. In this department, you will work with a team of Implementation Consultants and aspiring/junior developers to automate and enhance our departments’ working procedures. At the same time, you will also help in coaching the aspiring and junior developers in expanding their skillsets. In this role, you will report directly to the Implementation Consultant Manager.
The development role will require the successful candidate to assist in building, maintaining and troubleshooting our rapidly expanding tooling suite and integration components. We are ideally looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years of development experience. A major plus would be someone with experience in creating or leading a development team.
What are your accountabilities?
As a Professional Services Developer, your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Developing tooling that allows the department to work more efficiently
- Helping develop and maintain integration components
- Participating in the technical design of tooling and integration components
- Documenting technical solutions
- Contributing to the knowledge base of professional services
- Coaching of junior and aspiring developer
What are we looking for in you?
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Good knowledge of, and proven experience with C#, .NET Framework 4.0+
- Firm grasp of design patterns and of SOLID, and experience in using them in a commercial application
- Good experience with code quality—unit testing, TDD, code review, automated testing concepts and defensive coding are essential
- Knowledge of HTTP and .NET HTTP frameworks—ASP.NET MVC
- Knowledge of web services (WCF/WEB – SOAP/REST)
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational data stores
- Good grasp of both technical and functional characteristics of software products, particularly in terms of scalability, performance, usability and quality
- Windows Server 2012, 2014, 2016
- SQL Server desirable
- Strong decision making and analytical skills (debugging)
- Experience with integration components is a plus
- Experience with SAP integration or ABAP is a plus
- Experience with Agile is a plus
- Detail orientation personality with great interpersonal and communicative skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and fluently in English, both spoken and written
- Team player
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Ability to manage a diverse workload
Why work with us?
- Because our product matters to people – it saves lives
- Because we work with the global leaders in the oil and gas industry – including Shell, BP, and Total
- Because we are serious and pragmatic about our technology and quality
- Because the brightest and most professional people, who believe that teams are the key to our continuous success, work with us
- Because we are fun, multicultural and have a dry, genuine sense of humour
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- Free access to our company gym
- Bi-weekly chair massages
- Company lunch, free fruit and drinks
- Friday drinks with colleagues
- Our headquarters are in the heart of The Hague (5 minutes from The Hague Central Station)
- Fun and outgoing colleagues