As market leaders, we have high expectations of ourselves and strive for continuous improvement. We work with the best, to be the best. The secret to our success is simple: we keep learning and exploring. We have our eyes set on the world and want to offer our safety software globally, to complex businesses across different industries. We are the market-leading company in Control of Work software, supporting thousands of users from across the globe, at top multinationals. In the lovely city of The Hague, The Netherlands, we represent a mix of many diverse cultures, with over 40 nationalities on our team.
The Senior Cloud Operations Engineer at eVision will support and maintain the fully automated infrastructure used for hosting our managed services offering. Some of the responsibilities include: architecting, building and improving the reliability and performance of our cloud applications in Amazon Web Services, along with improving our deployment process and infrastructure. The candidate should have strong focus on automation and experience with highly available environments and troubleshooting performance issues in Production. We expect someone who is self-driven, passionate about technology and has a sense of what it means to provide services for customers in a fast-paced and very dynamic environment.
Furthermore, you will:
• Ensure that all systems are available and performing according to the expected Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Continuously improve and maintain third-party cloud-based monitoring (Thousand Eyes, Sumo Logic, VictorOps)
• Have a good track record of using automation tools such as Terraform to build infrastructure that scales
• Provide support for our Production environments running on AWS, along with other key stack components
• Collaborate with product development teams to align on the next generation software delivery pipelines
• Detail-orientated personality with great interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and fluently in English, both spoken and written
• Security minded and a team player
• Ability to work to agreed deadlines
• In possession of a valid European work permit
Desired skills and expertise:
• At least a Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or relevant equivalent
• 8+ years of experience in systems engineering with strong focus on automation and AWS
• Strong experience with Production Operations and excellent troubleshooting skills, preferably in large environments
• Understanding of cloud concepts such as virtualization, containerization, auto-scaling, experience with GIT, CI/CD integration toolchains, building fault-tolerant solutions and fully automated systems
• Well-versed in at least one of the three scripting languages (BASH, Python or PowerShell)
• Experience with hardening of modern operating systems, web and application servers, databases, proxies etc.