What about us?
As market leaders, we have high expectations of ourselves and strive for continuous improvement. We work with the best, to be the best, and the secret of our success is simple: we keep learning and exploring. We have our eyes set on the world and want to offer our safety software globally, to complex businesses across different industries. We are the market leading company in Control of Work software, supporting thousands of users across the globe from global A-players. In the lovely city of The Hague, The Netherlands, we represent a mix of many different cultures with over 30 nationalities in our team.
You will work with:
- A product development team composed of software developers, QA engineers, a UX Designer and a Product Manager
- Professional Services associates who deliver projects to our customers
- Your very own team lead, who helps you grow and be effective as a professional
What are your accountabilities?
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Good knowledge of, and proven experience with C#, .NET Framework 4.0+, and LINQ
- Firm grasp of design patterns and of SOLID, and experience in using them in a commercial application
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing desirable
- Good experience with code quality – unit testing, TDD, code review, automated testing concepts and defensive coding are essential
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge of HTTP and .NET HTTP frameworks – ASP.NET MVC
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational data stores – MSSQL (preferred), RavenDB (optional)
- Able to understand and write multi-threaded code
- Good grasp of both technical and functional characteristics of software products, particularly in terms of scalability, performance, usability and quality
- Knowledge of concepts of scripting and automation
- Experience with developing for mobile platforms (Android, iOS) is desirable and a plus
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal
What are we looking for in you?
- You write good code because it’s your passion
- A life-long learner and experimenter
- Thirsty for information and stepping out your comfort zone to get it
- Thinks with the product and the company, proposes features and prototypes tools
- A problem solver, a hacker who gets the job done and focuses on continuous improvement as the key to better speed and quality
- Communicate effectively with colleagues who work on the same product
- Able to move things forward and pro-actively communicate challenges
Why work with us?
- Because our product matters to people – it saves lives
- Because we work with the global leaders in the oil and gas industry – including Shell, BP, and Total
- Because we are serious and pragmatic about our technology and quality
- Because the brightest and most professional people, who believe that teams are the key to our continuous success, work with us
- Because we are fun, multicultural and have a dry, genuine sense of humour
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- Free access to our company gym
- Bi-weekly chair massages
- Company lunch, free fruit and drinks
- Friday drinks with colleagues
- Our headquarters are in the heart of The Hague (5 minutes from The Hague Central Station)
- Fun and outgoing colleagues